Valentine's Day Love Letter


To my Husband,

When I was little I used to dream about the man that would one day become my husband. What would he look like? What would his name be? What would my new last name be?! So many questions. I remember making a list of qualities I wanted in a husband; I think I did this with some friends once. Funny, smart, handsome, nice teeth (seriously...I have this thing with pearly whites;)), loves Jesus more than he loves me, loves and wants kids, values family, likes dogs, is considerate, passionate, kind, fun, likes to travel (specifically to Hawaii), and some other random things. (PS. While I think this exercise was helpful in setting a standard for myself in the men I dated, I don't always recommend making lists like these, because if you're so focused on checking all the boxes on your list to find the ideal husband, you will miss him. No one is perfect! Plus I have found that God likes to surprise us. He always gives us what we need, even if we didn't know it.) Anyways, it's crazy to be here, 5 months into marriage, knowing it's you. It was you all along. Through singleness, heartbreak...all of it. God knew you would be my husband. 

I'm thankful for the time before you, because that was the Lord preparing my heart, and yours, so we could be the best for each other. Not perfect, not even close; but by the grace of God, we are being made new each day. Just like my vows at our wedding said, I never expected love to take me to a different state, but the Lord knew I would experience His grace most by your side. And that has been true every day of our marriage. 

Thank you for laughing at my jokes, even if just a courtesy laugh. Thanks for taking out the trash and helping with things around the house. Thank you for protecting me, standing beside me, making the best scrambled eggs ever, and pushing me to be more spontaneous. Thank you for pointing us towards Christ. Thank you for loving me, even when I'm hard to love. You pursue my heart and that's the best feeling. I'm so thankful it's you. 

You are my forever valentine and I love you SO much!
xoxo

***


Whether you celebrate this day with a bunch of girlfriends that love you to pieces or your spouse, I hope you feel loved today! One year in college, my friends and I made heart-shaped pizzas. It was a blast :) I know this is a polarizing holiday, but any chance to celebrate love is a good day, in my opinion! 

Happy Valentine's Day from me to you!
xoxo

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. So good. I wanted a man who loved God more than he loved me; who was trustworthy, and who was taller than me with heels on. I think God was chuckling when he sent a 7ft basketballer my way :D I had to wear 6 inch heels at our wedding just so we could have both our faces in the same photo. Hah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top