When Memories & Art Collide

A couple months ago I showed you a new piece of custom art we got for our bedroom from my friend Rachel Wadlow Art. It's an abstract painting of one of our wedding pictures and I adore it. Rachel's an incredible painter and I just love how she can take real-life moments or photographs and preserve them in abstract paintings! She is truly talented!
Rachel just came up with a new product she offers in her etsy shop. Basically, you send her a photo and she will paint you a custom piece inspired by that photo, then frame the two pieces in this new frame she designed where the small framed photograph actually sits on top of the abstract art. You can see what I mean below! This is a totally new kind of framing style.  Isn't it cool?!

I sent her my favorite sunset of all time-- the first sunset we saw on our honeymoon in Maui. It was a cotton candy sky, that's for sure (and in the colors of our wedding!!) My husband and I both love sunsets, so we wanted to preserve this memory in a painting. Rachel's painting arrived to me a couple weeks ago and I love it! It's so fun to see how she interprets the photo in her paintings.

She also incorporates some pencil lines in her work which I love. It just adds to the uniqueness of the piece!
I actually like mine unframed as well, sitting on my bookcase. So different and fun, right?!

Thanks for the gorgeous painting, Rachel! Check out her Etsy shop here (she has tons of custom options available and even paints stunning backdrops for a wedding or photoshoot!) Use code GALLERYWALL for 10% off any Instant Gallery Wall Print + Painting Duo.

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio
(Note: I received this painting as a gift from the artist, but opinions are all 100% my own as always. Thank you for supporting shops and artists we love!)

2 comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top